Yesterday my scanning program hung converting a scanned document to a PDF. Suspicious, I tried to launch Acrobat X without success.
I poked around on the web and found out that there’s a widespread problem with CS6: a month after activation, Acrobat sometimes stops working. I found a putative fix in an Adobe forum. Here it is, cleaned up a bit.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Launch a regular CS6 product other than Acrobat or Flash Builder (for example: Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, InDesign, Flash Professional, Illustrator, or Dreamweaver.)
- Click on Help->Deactivate .
- Deactivate the application. Quit application.
- Launch a regular CS6 product other than Acrobat or Flash Builder (for example: Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, InDesign, Flash Professional, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.)
- Accept EULA.
- Register trial by signing in. Let the app launch.
- Quit and relaunch the app. Wait for UI to come up.
- Click on License This Software button on the UI.
- Click on Sign in.
- Serial number screen will come up.
- Enter the serial number in the serial number screen and click Next.
- Quit app and relaunch the app while connected on the Internet.
- After this if you launch Acrobat it should launch and run forever without trouble. In case you still face a problem, try relaunching the other CS6 app once more and then launch Acrobat.
It seems to have worked for me. Hope you don’t need this, and, if you do, it works for you.